Our previous guidance for masking and truncating sensitive data was all over the place. Based on months of research and feedback from the Intuit privacy and security team, we’re recommending midline dots ● moving forward. Dots offer visual differentiation so it’s easier to see the real numbers. They also save space for mobile.
- We updated many words to be more accessible. Learn when to use them: enable, disable/disabled, dimmed, grayed out, unavailable
- Other word list additions: widget, advisor vs adviser, third party, QuickBooks mobile app
- Check out our updated Community page to see what we’ve been up to
- Time stamps have some additional formatting guidance (use the 0:00 format)
- Create concise content that adapts to any context with our revamped mobile standards
- Need guidance for buttons? We added some more in the IDS component (no confirmshaming!)