- Aim for 5th-8th grade readability
- Be as precise and definitive as possible
- Be personable
- End sentences with prepositions
- How to deliver bad news
- How to introduce new terms
- Keep it simple
- Use everyday contractions
- Use similes and metaphors when it’s appropriate
- Use simple verb tenses
- Write in active voice
- Write like you talk
- Word list
Customers look to us for answers and guidance. So when you explain things, be as definitive and precise as you can.
There will be times, of course, when you don’t know exactly what’s going on. That’s a good opportunity for you to push your partners to improve the experience so you can speak more directly to what’s happening. But if all else fails and things still aren’t clear, try to be as straightforward as possible.
We can’t connect to your Square account right now. Give us a few minutes.
Looks like there might be a problem with your Square account. Try again later.